As I get ready to leave on holidays, I thought I would write a list for myself of topics I’d like to blog on when I come back in September. They are posts that have been running around in my head over the holidays, but I haven’t had time to sit down and write them out. If you’d like to add anything to the list, please post a comment!
1. Books for parents – A continuation of a theme I’ve already started; the best books aimed at parents raising bilingual children.
2. Books for children – Always something I am looking for – good books that are in some way bilingual, for little children.
3. A great initiative (Canadian originally) that allows children to do speech therapy online (telespeech). This has the potential to allow children to access speech therapy in their strongest language, no matter where they are in the world.
4. Bilingual family stories – As a part of my “Year of Talking about Bilingualism”, I am starting a collection of family stories about raising bilingual children (successful or less successful). I need families with children from birth to adulthood, at the beginning of their bilingual journey or towards the end. If you think you would like to participate, send me a message with a short description of your family language situation.
5. The DRONGO Festival, happening in Amsterdam on September 19, 2012. It is a festival to celebrate and learn about multilingualism. Check out the details at http://www.drongofestival.nl (only available in Dutch right now, but many of the events will be in English or other languages).
And on that note, I’m off to practice my Scottish!