It may seem a bit precocious to be announcing a festival upcoming in September, but it is never too early to mark it on your calendar!
Last year’s DRONGO, the second edition, was a roaring success, with over 7,000 visitors over the day. This year’s promises to be bigger and better!
I am once again organising the Children’s Program, and here is what is new and old:
– Our “A Very Multilingual Caterpillar” was a standing-room only success last year. We are reprising our multilingual reading of this universal children’s classic, but changing the format somewhat. In order to accommodate larger audiences and little listeners who need to come and go, this event will be held twice, in the main area of the Children’s Library (rather than in the theatre)
– The Multilingual Children’s Lab will have a published schedule of events, so you can plan your visit around what you want to hear/see and what activities your children would like to participate in also. Some tidbits to tempt you…
– The European School Bergen will be hosting “speed language lessons” for children. In these short sessions your children can try out a variety of languages in a fun environment
– One Globe Kids will be bringing their fabulous interactive app that lets kids hear and see children from around the world, and experience their culture and languages
– Theater Luister will be bringing their “educatief voorleestheater” to the festival, with additional sessions on reading in other languages after the show (Theater Luister)
These are just some of the fantastic activities that will happen over the day. If you are involved with an organisation that supports bilingualism/multilingualism/language learning for children and you are interested in being involved, please email me (language schools, bilingual creche/nursery/schools/play groups, “Saturday” heritage language schools etc.).
Important information for your Calendar:
Event: DRONGO Festival of Multilingualism
Date: September 27, 2014
Place: Amsterdam Public Library (Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam)
More information: DRONGO 2014